St. Louis Region
From hidden gems such as the Missouri Botanical Garden to the celebrated St. Louis
Cardinals baseball franchise, St. Louis has something for everyone and all within
a short drive of anywhere you happen to live or work. St. Louis offers the perfect
blend of culture and hospitality and is quickly becoming an ideal ecosystem for
progress due to its easy access and central location.
- St. Louis ranks very high on the affordability index (12th according for Forbes
magazine), well below the national average for metro areas of its size. Plus, the
area has the most affordable housing of the top 20 largest metropolitan areas in
the country, according to the National Association of Home Builders in November
- St. Louis is home to nine of the world’s largest companies, including Emerson,
Monsanto, and Sigma-Aldrich; twelve of America’s largest public companies, and seven
of the country’s largest private companies, including Enterprise and World Wide
- The St. Louis region consists of countless small to medium size companies
and is where 40 of the fastest growing companies in America maintain their headquarters.
- There are a large number of STEM (science, technology, engineering and math-related)
professionals living and working within the region.
- The area offers a highly educated workforce with more graduate, bachelors,
and professional degrees than the national average.
- St. Louis was ranked no. 11 in Parenting Magazine’s 2011 Best Cities for Families.
- St. Louis ranked as the 10th best city for recent college graduates (Careerbuilder
- St. Louis is home to the 11-time World Champion Cardinals baseball team, the
NHL Blues, and Rams of the National Football League (all facilities are located
within minutes of @4240).
- Home to the Municipal Opera of St. Louis, or the Muny, the oldest and largest
outdoor theater in America.
- Boasts the world renowned St. Louis Symphony Orchestra.