Storage Shed Site Preparation
Having suitable storage shed site preparation is very important. Here are some tips:
- We recommend a leveled 1-3″ base of 3/4″ crushed rock or gravel . Another option is a cement pad for bigger sheds or buildings.
- Smaller sheds can be placed on the ground and shimmed; however, we recommend installing crushed rock or a cement pad when able.
- The customer is responsible for site prep for a shed and making sure there is enough room to get your storage shed in place.
- Remember–your building will only be as level as the pad you prepare for it! Take some time for your storage shed site preparation.
- Quality Storage Buildings is not responsible for any tracks or ruts caused by the delivery truck, trailer and equipment on your property, the neighbors, or any adjoining property. The decision to drive on your yard is solely at your discretion. The driver will proceed with the delivery with your approval taken as granted, unless advised otherwise.
- If a property line is to be crossed, the customer is required to make necessary arrangements with the neighbors prior to the delivery of a storage shed.
- Make sure objects that are not clearly visible are marked by flags for safe maneuvering, ie. lawn sprinklers, septic tanks, pipes and overhead wires.
- As part of site prep for a shed, trim or tie back tree branches to create open passage for the vehicle and product.