Naturally , before you start creating the lose, you must have Slatted House Designs and Plans. It makes the construction easier and permits us to easily determine the number of developing materials you will need with your Slatted House Designs and Plans.

Slatted House Designs and Plans

slatted house designs and plans, ireland,irish,chat,forum,forums,bbs,discussion,bulletin board,ask,share,information

Community Links
Social Groups
Pictures & Albums
Members List
Search Forums
Tag Search
Advanced Search
Find All Thanked Posts
Go to Page.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Decided to make the jump and build myself a slatted shed. Probably 3 bay single with straw lying area at the back.
Never used Teagasc in the past, and don’t seem to be able to find any downloadable plans on their web site.
Is there any other source for shed plans I could use for the purposes of getting a quote for the job from one or two builders.
Would appreciate any guidance in this respect.

08-03-2010, 15:59 #1

Would appreciate any guidance in this respect.

Not sure how much use it’ll be.

Best o luck with the shed.

08-03-2010, 17:42 #2
Username John
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Username John

This might be of help, see below.

S101 and S123 are also good on the link on the previous post.

Attached Files

08-03-2010, 18:04 #3
farm_building_leaflets teagasc.pdf (216.8 KB, 74372 views)
Thanks from:

This might be of help, see below.

S101 and S123 are also good on the link on the previous post.

Thanks for the links. I guess I just need to call in to the local Teagasc office and get a set of plans. How does the Teagasc system work? Do I need to pay an annual sub, or membership, or can I just get / buy a set of these plans?

08-03-2010, 20:12 #4
09-03-2010, 22:30 #5
09-03-2010, 22:35 #6

This might be of help, see below.

S101 and S123 are also good on the link on the previous post.

15-05-2011, 22:20 #7

JP,
Don’t know for sure. I may have downloaded it and had it on my own computer. I’ll have a look again later.

16-05-2011, 08:33 #8

Yep, I had it on the home computer. Don’t know where I got it. Must have been the Teagasc site. I googled it but no luck!

Some info here on creep / slatted sheds that might be usefull;
http://www.teagasc.ie/research/repor. /eopr-4425.asp

16-05-2011, 18:55 #9

just my two cents
i left teagasc this year after being with them for several years
i found most of their thinking fully backwards
advisers knew their stuff in theory but very few had ever actually ever put into practice.

my advice

get someone with a little engineering experience to put on cad

ps think future
room to expand
your old age
less labour round farm

18-05-2011, 21:58 #11

Hi johnpawl, Are the cows autumn or spring calving? reason I ask is if the shed is only for dry cows it can be a lot simpler, also have you straw on the farm and will you be feeding bale silage or pit silage? What part of the country are you in?

Sorry about all the questions!

18-05-2011, 22:12 #12

Sorry about all the questions!

18-05-2011, 22:17 #13

19-05-2011, 11:55 #14

for sucking cows my wish would be to have all the following spaces under one roof

1. slatted dry cow pen
  2. straw bedded pen for cows approaching calving so its not the end of the world if there is an accident and she calves there.
  3. calving boxes, 1to12 cows.
  4. straw bedded nursing pen for cows/calves till calves are 2weeks old
  5. slatted pen with a straw creep area for calves to run back too.
  6. separate shed then for a couple of isolation pens

also a handy sheltered paddock adjacent for items 2-5 but most mportantly for item 4