Materials List And Cost Estimate Worksheets
This 28 page PDF download includes the materials lists and cost estimate worksheets for all my shed and garage plans:
- Gable roof shed
- Tall barn style
- Deluxe gable roof
- Lean to style
- Bike shed
These will allow you to estimate the cost to build before you buy the plans.
Watch This Video For More Info
Cost To Build And Dollars Saved
Here is the cost to build my Regular Gable Roof Shed.
You will notice that the larger sheds are much cheaper to build in terms of the cost per square foot.
And in cases of going from 6 to 8 ft, 10 to 12 ft, 14 to 16 ft, and 18 to 20 ft in length it costs very little to build the next longer size.
This is because certain sizes have a lot of waste and the next length up has very little or no waste. And you are paying for the lumber whether you use it in the shed or cut it off and throw it away.
Build Your Own Shed
and Save $$$ Hundreds
or even $$$ Thousands of Dollars.
- These costs are approximate and vary with the price of materials in your area.
- I haven’t worked the numbers out for the Lean-To Style Sheds because there are so many length, width, height and overhang combinations. But their construction is the closest to the Regular Gable sheds so the costs will be similar for the same height shed without overhang.
- Tall barn prices don’t include a loft or overhang. If you want overhang it will be closer to the Deluxe Gable cost.
- Deluxe Gable costs are based on 12:12 roof pitch. A more shallow pitch will be cheaper.
- The smaller shed prices are more accurate than the larger ones because the waste is more predictable.
- The more careful you are to use your scraps and plan your cuts, the lower your final cost will be.
Verify the cost to build your own…
These costs are based on prices in my area. Lumber and building materials might be cheaper or more expensive in your home town.
All plans include a materials list and cost estimate worksheet. Print out this materials list and cost estimate worksheet and take it down to your local building supply store and price it for yourself.