Sherwood 6×8 Garden Shed
DIY Garden Shed Includes Storage Loft
This 6×8 garden shed features a compact design that will fit perfectly in smaller backyards. To maximize the storage potential, the Sherwood includes a FREE storage loft. Lofts give you even more overhead storage space. Added near the roof, lofts give you additional ways to store equipment that you do not use regularly. While this might be our smallest storage solution we offer, this garden shed is designed to maximize it’s storage potential.
- Sold exclusively at Home Depot
- 48″ wide door opening
- 6′ high side walls
- 8′ high peak
- Strong 2×3 framing
- Includes locking handle
- Factory primed siding; ready to paint
- FREE treated floor frame – Just add your choice of decking
- Includes FREE storage loft
*Sherwood only available as a special order in the U.S. Available at select Home Depot locations in Canada. Call your local Home Depot to check for availability.
DIY Garden Shed Available at Home Depot
This 6×8 DIY garden shed is the ideal size for practical storage convenience. The Sherwood is ideal to store tools, outdoor decorations, bicycles, ladders and lawnmowers. If your backyard is lacking the space necessary for a larger shed, this will work perfectly to get your garage organized. This 6 ft. wide gable-design building features 6 ft. high sidewalls and an 8 ft. high peak. 4 ft. wide x 6 ft. high double doors feature full-length hinges with faux strap hinges and a locking t-handle. This garden shed comes with a FREE loft so you can store items off the ground which results in more space inside. Best of all, the kit comes pre-cut and ready to assemble. All you need is a hammer, screwdriver, tape measure, level and step ladder.
- Includes FREE 2 ft. deep storage loft
- 6 ft. high side walls and 8 ft. high peak
Product No. 18360-7
Strong & Durable…
- Strong wood construction engineered and tested to withstand heavy wind and snow loads
- LP® engineered wood s />
- Hand-crafted with pride in the U.S.A.
- 10 year limited warranty
Easy to Assemble…
- All wood is pre-cut and ready to assemble
- Pre-assembled, pre-hung 4 ft. wide x 6 ft. high double doors feature full-length hinges with faux strap hinges and a locking t-handle
- Fully illustrated, easy to read instructions included
- LP® siding is lightweight and installs using standard woodworking tools
- Easy to assemble with hammer, screwdriver, tape measure, level and step ladder
- No special skills are necessary
- Siding is primed and ready for paint (paint, nails and shingles sold separately)
|Warranty||10 year limited warranty|
|Wall Height||6 feet|
|Peak Height||8 feet|
|Cubic Feet Storage||329|
|Double Door Size||4’w x 6″h|
|Flexible Door Location||no|
|Type of Handle/Lock Included||locking handle|
|Door Trim Design Options||straight|
|7/16” OSB Roof Panels||yes|
|Floor||2×4 treated wood floor frame; decking provided by homeowner|
|Floor Material||2×4 treated studs – 24” OC – 5/8” OSB decking|
|Siding||LP® engineered wood siding resists termites, rot and decay|
|Rafter – Truss Framing||2×4|
|Items not included – Furnished by Homeowner||Nails: 2 in: 4 | 3 in. 3 (1 lb. box) & Decking Requirements: 2 (4 ft. x 8 ft. sheets)|
|Exterior latex paint needed (provided by homeowner)||Siding: 1 1/2 gal. | Trim: 1 qt.|
|Bundles of Shingles Needed (provided by homeowner)||3 bundles | 1 in. nails: 1 (1lb. box)|
You will need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader to view PDF documents. Download a free copy from the Adobe Web site.
Q: Is a permit required to build a garden shed building on my property?
Q: Am I responsible for obtaining the permit?
Q: Can I build the 6×8 Sherwood shed on a cement pad?
Q: Do shingles come with my shed kit?
Q: Does the shed come painted and do I select the color?
Q: If I receive my shed kit and it has damage and/or missing boards, will you replace the damaged parts?
Q: When talking about a building size, how do I know which one is depth and w >TOP
Q:What are the site recommendations before I start building?
Q: Do I need to paint my building right away, what type of paint is recommended and should I caulk the joints?
Q: How should I maintain my shed?
Garden Sheds: The most common uses of garden sheds is of course, storage for those items people want to keep out of the way. The most common uses of the Sherwood:
- Store garden tools and equipment: Leaf blowers, lawn mowers, grass trimmers, chain saws, shovels and rakes.
Add Accessories to Make it your Unique Storage Solution
Customizing a DIY garden shed to fit your needs is easier than you think. You can quickly add a theme to your building with some paint and decals, or check out our accessories to see our shelves and organizers.